Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I did this!

Alex and I with our winnings!
Great party Friday night! We rocked World Bicycle Relief and killed it in donations! Also I would like to thank all my co-workers in a job well done this Sunday while supporting IronMan Boulder and the whole Boulder series! It was lot's of fun and a wicked long hard day for all of us!

Now......

I get shoved in my face a lot about how I have never worked on a pros or world champs bicycle before or that I don't know how it is to work out in the field and not have what you need all the time. Like we do here in the shops. 

First off, maybe you don't know me or what I have done in my life. I have done some really cool things with very little to work with out in "the field". Or at home. Or on the side of the trail. Or in bed for that matter. Don't judge me nucka.

And second, what this post is mainly about, why do we give so much emphasis on "Pros" bicycles and making them happy? In my eyes a bike is a bike and everyone should be treated the same in regards to the quality of work we put into it. 

These amateurs or rec riders have needs just like the pro's, only they have to pay for the work that they get done. They have to use their hard earned money to have all these things to race or get to work or what have you. Pro's get it handed to them and get cut in line a lot to have them finished so they can get back on the to train.

I'm not knocking on professional riders at all. They are great people just like the rest of us, but don't rub it in my face and talk down to me just cause you've worked on Cadels bike. Just a bicycle. I've put together a TM01 with Di2 before. No different. 

No matter who you are or what you do, I think you should have the same type of service and treatment, in regards to quality of work, we do to your bike. If you pay for it, you should get. Right?

1 comment: