Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

To now Jamers


It's 5 in the a.m. and I am wide awake. The sun is barely even out at this hour but what is out is peaking through the trees. 5 am comes fast as all hell when you don't get to bed till 11 pm. But here I am, making my way down the mountain to get to the shop for some bike fixing action. And who needs there bikes at such an early hour you ask? Pros. Pros need there shit this early in the morning.

This season I am working with Jenn X from Vanderkitten, Angela Naeth, Matt Cook of Jamis Sutterhome, Tim Don who is managed by Franko V. at Retul and Jo Lawn who rides for Cervelo. I spend a bit of my off time working on these kids bikes, gluing wheels and building up new races rigs. Needy bunch they are but so far everyone has been very respectful and nice.

I will be going to Vegas for the Worlds 70.3 Ironman thing held in Henderson. There, I will be building up Angela Naeths new Shiv, helping out Tim Don and also helping out a smaller group of triathletes from California. There is a lot to get ready and to prepare for but this year I am well organized and ready to go.

I will possible be there working with Specialized or Mavic as well if they need my assistance but you never know. Either way, expect lots of photos and possibly some videos in the next few days of these builds.

Tomorrow I am off to Retul to visit Tim Don while he gets fit by Ivan. As much as I love bike mechanicing, which Google doesn't recognize as a word, I also love bike fit and bio-mechanics!

Jamesr!

No comments:

Post a Comment