Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Can the Giro surpass the Tour?

Of course the Giro can surpass the Tour! With all the propaganda the Tour puts out on all the lucrative aristocratic voyeurism on the doping scandals, A.S.O seems to have their heads in the wrong place, exploiting the stories and lives of these athletes, while forcing themselves into contention. I just don’t see where they have the gall to pull off such acts. The Giro will overcome and surpass the masses insuring pure dominancy while still maintaining a high level of elegance and class whilst taking the cycling hierarchy to a whole new level of pundancy*.

Actually I don’t even know, or care, if The Giro can surpass The Tour. It’s not much I care to think about. What’s on my mind this week is that in February, we lose our beloved service writer Joe. It would be a sad day for me, we have grown quit fond of each other, but since he will be exiting out of our humble shop to pursue a long time dream of his, I am ecstatic! We are all pretty excited for him actually. And dare I say, proud? I do dare. I do.

Joe will be leaving the “normal” day to day grind to live life on the road chasing the U.S. Cross Country circuit from state to state, living, eating and training out of his piece of crap station wagon. For 6. Straight. Months. That’s pretty amazing I’ll say!

So who will fill his shoes you may ask? Though I do love talking to you guys, in a most awkward fashion, it will not be I. The guys here seem to think I can’t multitask on such a high level, and rightly so of them to think this, so they have not extended the six figure raise in my direction. But it’s been my plan for oh so long to hang low, lurking in the shadows of those in higher powers, letting them take all the glory for my hard work. Actually it’s hiding in the shadows as they fix my clerical errors.

They did offer it to Herman though but he “politely” declined. “My work is best back here. Working proudly, side by side with Jamers. Fixing all that is wrong and wronging all that is right!” he said poetically as he threw a fresh pot of coffee in the faces of upper management! At least that is how I remembered it.

Actually, we both love helping people out and giving them the best possible advice for their unique and personal dilemma. But since we are both in debt, paying the Snap-On Man with our souls and first born, we could not justify a life up front with out our tools and proper work stations. Plus we take pride in what we do back here in the confines of our work shop.

But nothing warms my highly rhythmic heart more than somebody taking risks and chances to do what they love most and live the life the best they know how. Which is what Joey is doing. Stretching his dirty little wings and embarking on an unforgettable journey into the world of racing. The best way he knows how.

God speed Sir mighty Joseph.

Jamers!

*Editor’s Note: Pretty sure that is not a word but Jamers pushed the whole “artistic vision” and “creative control” upon us….

No comments:

Post a Comment